We take pride in the knowledge that high quality staff are our major advantage. As the leading Australian Building Services Specialist, A.G. Coombs Group has a long-standing policy of attracting and developing only the best.
We provide a structured and comprehensive apprenticeship program and our apprentices are given the best training and mentor-ship available to become effective and capable qualified tradespeople.
The apprenticeship program is built on the philosophy of structured learning, providing support, direction, guidance and mentorship to each apprentice. With apprenticeship opportunities available across Victoria, NSW and QLD, we are actively recruiting in the following areas:
- Mechanical Plumbing
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Sprinkler Fitting
How does our Apprenticeship Program work?
A.G. Coombs offers a 4 year apprenticeship program. Apprentices require both ‘off the job’ and ‘on the job’ training. Depending on the location of the apprenticeship, off the job training is provided at one of the following TAFE colleges and Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s):
- Box Hill Institute Victoria
- Homesglen Institute of TAFE Victoria
- Air Conditioning & Mechanical Contractors Association (AMCA) – Victoria
- Fire Industry Training (FIT) – Victoria
- TAFE SWSI – Granville College New South Wales
- The Service Trades College – Queensland
- TAFE Queensland SkillsTech
These training providers have been selected to ensure the curriculum is appropriate and relevant to the workplace and ‘on the job’ practical training, ensuring our apprentices get the most out of their training. In addition, apprentices may access additional training and personal development programs to further their career, reach full potential both professionally and personally, leading to a more fulfilling and higher quality life.
On-the-job training is conducted on our various work sites and at A.G. Coombs facilities under the supervision and direction of expert and experienced staff.
Our Apprentice Supervisors look after the career interests of all apprentices, providing support, career direction and mentoring to individual apprentices.
What are we looking for in an Apprentice?
A.G. Coombs has a long-standing policy of seeking out and developing only the best. We are looking for apprentices who:
- want to add value to others in everything you do
- are driven by a ‘can do’ attitude and strive for excellence
- display strong communication skills
- set and lead by example
- work well within a team and take pride in the teams results and their own
How do I apply?
Current apprenticeship openings are listed below.
If you are interested in pursuing any of the listed opportunities, please click on the apply link and email your resumé, together with:
- copies of your last 2 years of school results,
- any pre apprenticeship and trade school results,
- copies of any certificates, licenses or qualifications
|Victoria||Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||Open||Apply|
|New South Wales||Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||Open||Apply|
|Queensland||Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||Open||Apply|
For information about our industry:
- Air Conditioning and Mechanical Contractors Association (AMCA)
- Australian Institute of Refrigeration, Air Conditioning & Heating (AIRAH)
- Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA)
- Property Council of Australia: Chair of National Regulation Review Round Table
- Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA)
- Energy Efficiency Council (EEC)
- Fire Protection Association Australia (FPA Australia)
- Master Plumbers Association
- National Environmental Balancing Bureau (NEBB)
- Sustainability Victoria Calculating Cool Steering Committee
Download the Apprenticeship Program Flyer.
To learn more about the industry and listen to apprenticeship success stories, visit the skillsone website.
For more information on the Apprenticeship Program please contact us:
A.G. Coombs Group Pty Ltd