A diverse and inclusive workplace
A.G. Coombs recognises that a diverse workforce provides a broader range of ideas and insights to draw upon in decision-making and policy development. We recognise and value the advantages of having a workforce that reflects the demographics of the wider community. We encourage the recruitment and participation across all demographics, genders and ethnic backgrounds.
A.G. Coombs recruitment, training, development and community programs ensure our diversity principles translate into day to day operations, with the objectives of:
- Attracting, recruiting and retaining employees from diverse backgrounds
- Encouraging employees to be aware of, and committed to, workplace diversity principles and initiatives.
- Providing a workplace that is free from discrimination, promotes health and wellbeing at work and recognises and values diversity
- Encouraging employees to recognise the positive contribution of a diverse workforce to the workplace
- Ensuring employees are afforded opportunities to develop and use their diverse skills in their work
Whilst the building maintenance services and construction industry has traditionally been a male dominated industry, A.G. Coombs, as testament to recruiting the ‘right’ candidate currently employs a number of female apprentices in mechanical plumbing and refrigeration trade roles.
Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
Our RAP is a reflection of our Company’s Core Values and is supported at all levels of our organisation.
Our vision is that through our actions, we can contribute to our nation’s shared goal of a reconciled, just and equitable Australia.
For more information and to view our RAP please see the Reconciliation Australia website.
Work Life Balance
We are acutely aware that a balanced work and personal life allows a productive and fulfilling workplace. We actively encourage employees to fully utilise opportunities to balance their work and personal life. Flexible work arrangements are available.