All you need to know about maintenance of safety measures to mitigate risk
- Maintenance of Safety Measures & Energy efficiency measures in Buildings
- Wednesday, 10th April 2019
- National Museum of Australia, Lawson Cres, Acton | Peninsula Room, ACT
- Information Session, and Breakfast
- 8.00am to 10.00am
Registration from 7.30am
- RSVP Date
- Friday, 25th March 2019
Safety measures are typically systems and measures required for building approval, and are predominantly related to fire safety systems, but may also include other systems such as ventilation, artificial lighting and lifts. Building codes also require systems to achieve minimum energy efficiency requirements.
Fire safety measures are not “set and forget” and require ongoing routine service to ensure that they are ready to operate when required to achieve the life safety and asset protection objectives. Similarly, non-fire safety measures and energy efficiency measures also require routine maintenance and service to ensure their required level of performance through the building lifecycle.
This presentation will provide a clear and readily understood overview of the current issues pertaining to routine servicing of fire safety measures and other safety measures in buildings, covering;
- The principles of maintenance – Regulatory & Non-regulatory requirements – Duty of Care
- Classification of defects identified during servicing
- Repairs and Alterations
- Electronic service records
- Maintenance of Non-Fire Safety Measures.
- Maintenance of Energy Efficiency Measures.
Presented by Geoff Flower, Senior Engineer (Fire)
Geoff has specialist expertise in Fire Protection Systems engineering and Fire Safety & Risk engineering from over 20 years experience in fire systems design, installation & maintenance, consulting engineering and fire testing operations. Geoff has undertaken projects across many industry sectors including commercial, retail, residential, health care, infrastructure and data centres. He has a particular interest in developing solutions to fire safety problems that are practical and readily understood by installation and maintenance tradespeople.
- Peninsula Room, National Museum of Australia
- National Museum of Australia, Lawson Cres, Acton, ACT
Please RSVP along with any dietary requirements by Monday 25th March 2019 to:
Tel: +61 3 9248 2837
For more information and online registration please visit: www.agcoombs.com.au/events/