- Digital Construction Technologies – Transforming building design and construction techniques
- Wednesday, 16th November 2016
- Old Parliament House, 18 Queen Victoria Terrace, Parkes, ACT
- Information Session, Breakfast will be provided
- 8.00am to 10.00am
Registration from 7.30am
- RSVP Date
- 2nd November 2016
- Entry price
Building Information Technology and the move to digital construction technologies are transforming the way we are designing and constructing buildings though improving systems design, increasing productivity and safety, and reducing construction waste.
This presentation from one of Australia’s leading MEP BIM experts will provide attendees with a framework to review their current approaches to project procurement covering:
- recent developments in BIM and digital construction technology.
- increasing supply chain capabilities in modular construction, integrated pre-fabrication and off site manufacture, and
- how these new technologies are creating opportunities to develop new lean construction project delivery strategies which are transforming Australia’s building design and construction.
Warwick Stannus, Group Engineering Manager, A.G Coombs Advisory
Warwick has been responsible for leading the Group’s lean design and construction, Building Information Modelling and off-site fabrication capabilities in recent years. The integration of these capabilities is rapidly evolving and has been successfully demonstrated in the delivery of some of Australia’s highest profile commercial, healthcare and data centre projects.
Warwick is also the Technical Director for the AMCA’s BIM-MEPAUS Initiative and has been extensively involved in driving BIM adoption and construction innovation in Australia. His role involves leading the initiative’s technical strategy, international benchmarking processes and standards development. These standards are also contributing to supply chain improvements that promote improved quality outcomes, supply chain efficiency as well as ultimately reduced project delivery risk.
With over 25-years’ experience that includes design, construction and commissioning as well as life cycle asset and maintenance management, Warwick provides unique insights into integrated project delivery and technical facility management. Warwick is passionate about building services and regularly precipitates in industry forums and conferences to facilitate construction innovation and integrated project delivery strategies.
- Old Parliament House, Members Dining Room 1
- 18 Queen Victoria Terrace, Parkes, ACT – Entry is from the rear of the building
- Parking is available at the rear entrance of the building.
Registration is closed for this event