Corporate Governance Overview
The A.G. Coombs Group is a privately owned Australian Company. Operations commenced in 1945 and, since this time, the organisation has expanded into a fully integrated group of specialist building services companies operating throughout Australia.
The A.G. Coombs Group Board operates within a structured governance framework to enable the Board to comply with the requirements of the Corporations Act 2001, other relevant regulatory obligations, and the Company’s Constitution.
A Corporate Governance Guide sets the basis for ethical and professional conduct necessary to meet the expectations of shareholders, employees and other stakeholders.
The Group Board comprises a combination of experienced executive and non-executive directors providing a healthy mix of company specific knowledge with broader industry and governance expertise.
The annual statutory accounts of the organisation are independently audited by a leading Chartered Accounting firm.
Internal Control framework
A.G. Coombs operates within a Group Management System that can be described under four headings:
- Effectiveness and efficiency of operations.
- Reliability of reporting.
- Compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Code of conduct.
Business Risk Management
The Company has a risk management process designed to ensure:
- Strategic, operational and financial risks are identified.
- Systems are in place to monitor and manage the risks.
- Reporting systems are in place.
- Risk management systems are operating effectively.
- Compliance with relevant legislation.
A comprehensive insurance program provides protection against major risk exposures that cannot be eliminated by appropriate risk management practices.